Itchy and inflamed skin can cause great distress in dogs. Itchy skin indicates a myriad of medical issues, and to get relief from itching and inflammation in dogs Apoquel Tablets helps a lot.
Apoquel is used to treat and control itching and inflammation in dogs, which can happen due to different causes, right from flea allergy, food allergy, contact dermatitis to atopic dermatitis. This allergy relief medication provides relief within 4 hours and successfully controls itching within 24 hours.
As it is a pet prescription medicine, it requires a prescription from your veterinarian, and is sold per tablet.
This allergy relief medication is developed specifically for dogs. As such, avoid using this medication in other animals.
You can order dog medicine to treat allergies in dogs from our online pharmacy based in Texas. We care for your pets!
This dog allergy medication is for dogs over 12 months in age and weighing more than 6.6 lbs.
Benefits of Apoquel Tablets:
- Provides relief from dog allergy symptoms within 4 hours of use.
- Effectively controls itching within 24 hours
- It can be used for short term and long term usage
- Can be taken in conjunction with other common medications, including antibiotics, and vaccines
- It has minimal negative impact on immune function
- Controls pruritus associated with allergic dermatitis and controls atopic dermatitis
How it works:
Apoquel is a selective janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor, which effectively targets pruritogenic cytokines that causes itching. This fast-acting allergy relief medication provides significant short-term and long-term reduction of itching and inflammation as well as other dog allergy symptoms.
- Apoquel tablet is not for human use; hence keep it out of the reach of children.
- It is only for use in dogs; do not use it for other animals.
- Do not give this allergy relief medication to dogs younger than 12 months or those with serious infections.
- Apoquel dog allergy medicine is not for use in breeding dogs or pregnant or lactating bitches.
- Wash hands immediately after handling the Apoquel tablets to treat atopic dermatitis in dogs.
- In case of accidental eye contact, flush immediately with water for at least 15 minutes.
- In case of accidental ingestion of this dog flea medicine, seek medical attention immediately.
How this medicine should be used:
The dose of Apoquel tablets is 0.18 to 0.27 mg/lb of body weight.
- For dogs weighting 30-44.9 lbs, the dosage is ½ of a 16 mg tablet twice daily.
- For dogs weighting 60-89.9 lbs, the dosage is one 16 mg table twice daily.
- For dogs weighting 90-129.9 lbs, the dosage is 1½ 16 mg tablets twice daily.
- For dogs weighting 130-175.9 lbs, the dosage is two 16 mg tablets daily.
Zoetis Apoquel may be administered with or without food for up to 14 days or as specified by your vet.
Note: Dogs receiving Apoquel to treat allergies in dogs should be monitored closely by the owners for the development of infections, including demodicosis and neoplasia. In case of side effects after using this dog medicine to treat inflammation in dogs, consult a veterinarian immediately.
In the event of an overdose:
Contact your veterinarian immediately.
Apoquel may increase susceptibility to infection, including demodicosis. It may also exacerbate neoplastic conditions.
Some of the adverse reactions reported in a masked field study included:
- New cutaneous or subcutaneous lumps
Note: In most cases, diarrhea, vomiting, anorexia, and lethargy spontaneously resolved with continued dosing.
Store this allergy relief medication for dogs at controlled room temperature between 68°-77° F, with excursions between 59°-104°.