Fleas are definitely a nuisance, as they can cause itchy sensations and even lead to an infection.
Now with Advantage Multi for Dogs you can control flea infestation in dogs. Advantage Multi for Dogs 20-55 lbs, 6 Pack (Red) is a topical flea control and heartworm preventative medication for dogs.
This pet medicine for holistic flea treatment contains imidacloprid to kill adult fleas and treat current flea infestations. It also has moxidectin that works as a parasiticide that that kills heartworms and intestinal worms. It’s easy to protect your beloved pet from parasites year-round.
Advantage Multi dogs medication can be used for the prevention of heartworm disease and the treatment and control of flea infestations, hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, and sarcoptic mange in dogs.
This flea dermatitis medicine can be used in dogs and puppies that are at least 7 week s of age and that weigh at least 3 lbs.
You can order pet meds online from our Texas based veterinary compounding pharmacy. We care for your pets!
- Controls current flea infestations on dogs
- Breaks flea life cycle to prevent future infestations
- Is effective against flea eggs, larvae, and adult fleas after application
- Prevents infection by heartworms and heartworm disease
- Helps prevent flea allergy dermatitis caused by flea bites
- Easy-to-use, pre-packaged applicators make it easy to protect your pet from fleas
Federal (U.S.A.) Law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Advantage Multi for Dogs is indicated for the prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis. This dog flea medicine kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis).
It is also indicated for the treatment and control of the following intestinal parasites:
|Intestinal Parasite||Intestinal Stage|
|Adult||Immature Adult||Fourth Stage Larvae|
|Hookworm Species||Ancylostma caninum||X||X||X|
|Roundworm Species||Toxocara canis||X||X|
What is the most important information I should know about Advantage Multi for Dogs:What is the most important information I should know about Advantage Multi for Dogs:
- Do not administer this flea control medication orally.
- Do not use this product (containing 2.5% moxidectin) on cats.
- Not for human use. Keep out of the reach of children.
How this pet medication should be given:
The recommended minimum dose is 4.5 mg /lb (10 mg/kg) imidacloprid and 1.1 mg/lb (2.5 mg/kg) moxidectin, once a month, by topical administration.
Do not apply this dog medicine for flea dermatitis to irritated skin.
- Remove one dose applicator tube (tube) from the package. As specified in the following table, administer the entire contents of the Advantage Multi for Dogs tube that correctly corresponds with the body weight of the dog.
Dog (lbs) Advantage Multi For Dogs Volume (mL) Imidacloprid (mg) Moxidectin (mg) 3 – 9 Advantage Multi 9 0.4 40 10 9.1 – 20 Advantage Multi 20 1.0 1.0 25 20.1 – 55 Advantage Multi 55 2.5 250 62.5 55.1 – 88 Advantage Multi 88 4.0 400 100 88.1 – 110* Advantage Multi 110 5.0 500 125
Dogs over 110 lbs. should be treated with the appropriate combination of Advantage Multi for Dogs tubes.
- Remove the cap from the tube by holding the tube in an upright position.
- Turn the cap over and push the other end of cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove cap from the tube.
- Part the hair on the back of the dog between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. For dogs weighing 20 lbs and below, place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin at one spot between the shoulder blades. For dogs weighing more than 20 lbs., place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin at 3 or 4 spots on the top of the backline from the base of the neck to the upper back in an area inaccessible to licking. Do not apply an amount of solution at any one location that could run off the side of the dog.
Do not get dog flea medicine in the dog’s mouth or eyes or allow the pet to lick the application site for 30 minutes. Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for ingestion by grooming.
In households with multiple pets, keep each treated dog separated from other treated dogs and other pets for 30 minutes after application to prevent licking the application sites.
Heartworm Prevention: For prevention of heartworm disease, this heartworm medication should be administered at one-month intervals.
Flea Treatment: For the treatment of flea infestations, Bayer Advantage Multi for Dogs – the best flea treatment for dogs should be administered at one-month intervals.
Treatment and Control of Intestinal Nematode Infections: For the treatment and control of intestinal hookworm infections in dogs; Advantage Multi for Dogs should be administered once as a single topical dose for hookworm treatment.
These dog medications for holistic flea treatment should be stored at temperatures between 4°C (39°F) and 25°C (77°F). Avoid excess heat or cold.
Following treatment with Advantage Multi for Dogs or an active control, dog owners reported some of these post-treatment reactions:
|OBSERVATION||Advantage Multi n=128||Active Control n=68|
|Pruritis||19 dogs (14.8%)||7 dogs (10.3%)|
|Residue||9 dogs (7.0%)||5 dogs (7.4%)|
|Medicinal Odor||5 dogs (3.9%)||None observed|
|Lethargy||1 dog (0.8%)||1 dog (1.5%)|
|Inappetence||1 dog (0.8%)||1 dog (1.5%)|
|Hyperactivity||1 cat (0.9%)||None observed|
Advantage Multi is protected by one or more of the following U.S. patents: 6,232,328, and 6,001,858.
|08944698, R.4||November 2009|
NADA # 141-251, Approved by FDA
Made in Germany
© 2009 Bayer HealthCare LLC
Bayer, the Bayer Cross and Advantage Multi are registered trademarks of Bayer.
Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division, P.O. Box 390, Shawnee Mission, Kansas 66201 U.S.A.
Regulations for product use are established by country. Information contained on this site pertains only to the United States of America, and is not intended to provide adequate information for product use. Before using or dispensing any product, read and carefully observe the label directions.