Advantage Multi for Cats and Kittens 5-9 lbs, 6 Months (Orange) is a topical flea control and heartworm preventative medication for cats. This cat medicine, for holistic flea treatment, contains imidacloprid to kill adult fleas and treat current flea infestations.
Advantage Multi Cats medication is a colorless to yellow ready-to-use solution packaged in single-dose applicator tubes for topical flea treatment for cats. The formulation and dosage schedule of this pet medicine is designed to provide a minimum of 4.5 mg/lb imidacloprid and 0.45 mg/lb moxidectin based on body weight.
You can order the best quality pet prescriptions online at our veterinary compounding pharmacy. We care for your pets!
- Controls current flea infestations on cats
- Helps prevent flea allergy dermatitis caused by flea bites
- Easy-to-use, pre-packaged applicators make it easy to protect your pet
Federal (U.S.A.) Law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Advantage Multi veterinary prescription drug for Cats is indicated for the prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis. Advantage Multi for Cats kills adult fleas (Ctenocephalides felis) and is indicated for the treatment of flea infestations. This holistic flea treatment medicine for cat is also indicated for the treatment and control of ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations.
What is the most important information I should know about Acepromazine:
- Do not use on sick, debilitated, or underweight pet cats.
- Do not use this pet drug on cats less than 9 weeks of age or less than 2 lbs. body weight.
- Not for human use. Keep out of the reach of children.
How should this pet medication be given:
The recommended minimum dose of this pet med is 4.5 mg/lb (10.0 mg/kg) imidacloprid and 0.45 mg/lb (1.0 mg/kg) moxidectin, once a month, by topical administration. Do not apply pet prescription medication to irritated skin.
- Remove one dose applicator tube (tube) from the package.
- While holding the tube in an upright position, remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and push the other end of the cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove the cap from the tube.
- Part the hair on the back of the cat’s neck at the base of the head, until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin. Lift the tube away from skin before releasing pressure on the tube.
Do not get this product in the cat’s mouth or eyes or allow the cat to lick the application site for 30 minutes. Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for ingestion by grooming.
In households with multiple pets, keep animals separated to prevent licking of the application site. Stiff, matted hair or a damp, oily appearance of the hair may be observed at the application site on some cats. This is temporary and does not affect the safety and effectiveness of the product.
This pet medication should be stored at temperatures between 4°C (39°F) and 25°C (77°F), avoiding excess heat or cold.
Following treatment with Advantage Multi for Cats or an active control, cat owners reported the following post-treatment reactions:
|OBSERVATION||Advantage Multi||Active Control|
|Lethargy (protracted sleeping, poorly responsive)||3 cats* (2.7%)||None observed|
|Behavioral changes (e.g., agitated, excessive grooming, hiding, pacing, spinning)||9 cats (8.0%)||1 cat (2.6%)|
|Discomfort (e.g., scratching, rubbing, head-shaking)||5 cats (4.4%)||None observed|
|Hypersalivation (within 1 hour after treatment) 3 cats (2.7%)||None observed|
|Polydipsia||3 cats (2.7%)||None observed|
|Coughing and gagging||1 cat (0.9%)||None observed|